Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Letters Home: Forest was right...

Dear Dad

When it rains in Vietnam, it really rains! I've arrived to the soaking humidity of Hanoi. This is serious humidity like I've never really felt before. Walking in this kind of weather, I'm really glad I opted for the "lite" approach to packing... everything I need for the next two months is in the saddle bag and REI bag in the attached pic. Not a whole lot of room for luxury goods- like toilet paper.
After a month in India, I didn't realise how far from western comforts I was... two 3-5 hour flights on Singapore Airlines and a 3 hour lay over in the Singapore airport seemed like paradise... no kidding! When I used the hot towel they give you on the flight to clean up, I turned it a dirty yellow wiping my face and neck...
The 4 hour afternoon downpour seems to have subsided, so I'm off to get my first taste of Vietnam.


Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cheerio and stuff. Thanks for leaving a comment- always appreciated (especially from bago). Do me one favor, refrain from using last names... don't want big brother tracking anybody down. Oh and try not to swear too much- my mom reads this shit.

Tim