Letters Home: Hello from Jaipur
Dear Mom
Just a quick note to say that all is well and good... I've left the watchful eye and loving embrace of my half-hindi, half- american tour guide Josh and struck out on my own for the week.
Stop one was Agra and a 6am viewing of the Taj Mahal- simply stunning. Then a six hour bus ride to Jaipur from which I have many bumps and bruises on the top of my head- not a smooth ride! Jaipur feels like the real India- this morning I was attacked by a cow while crossing the street. Perhaps he didn't like me or was offended that I failed to yield the right of way, but in any event he hit my back-side with he top of his head and lifted me into the air. 
I've stayed more or less healthy. Suffered from a bit of man flu last week, but here's a story. A local medicine man (read semi-pharmacist) sold me something called Thaamboola for my cold/cough (see pic). On first impression I would liken Thaamboola to what you find at the bottom of an old spittoon or maybe axle grease. The first dose tasted as such, but the man said take frequently and like a good patient I did. By morning I was feeling better and by the second day I was addicted! Can't get enough of the Thaamboola!
Okay, off to the bus station...
Tim
No comments:
Post a Comment
Cheerio and stuff. Thanks for leaving a comment- always appreciated (especially from bago). Do me one favor, refrain from using last names... don't want big brother tracking anybody down. Oh and try not to swear too much- my mom reads this shit.
Tim