It's been a little while, and for those few fans out there, I apologise. Truth is I just don't have too much to report. I'm in a routine, a good routine, but just a routine.
In mid-October I took a weekend trip to Amsterdam which, without going too much into detail, was a blast. What I will say is it was awesome having the Ryan and Sean along for the trip.
"You call that Orange Mocha Chip Frappicinno?" Man, the folks in Amsterdam sure do have a different idea when it comes to coffee...
Amsterdam is a really pretty city. Sure there's a 'sketchy' part in the center, but just on the other side of the river styx is a pleasant city with a lot to offer...
Vincent Van Gogh- now there was a good man. 
Shortly after my return from Amsterdam I turned 26 which made me feel old.
Last weekend I went to visit the Macperro in Luxembourg. 

Luxembourg, sometimes refered to as the Everett of Europe, was a nice treat. Much like the heartbeat of Snohomish county, the best part about Luxembourg is it's location! Where else can you be a 25 minute drive from Trier, Germany...
And a 40 minute drive from Bastogne, Belgium...
I have to say seeing Bastogne and some of the other towns in the Ardennes was very cool. So much history, to think of all the stories about the battle of the bulge and the 101st Airborne in WWII. Wow. The best part was out of nowhere, I asked Ryan to pull over so I could read a rodeside monument- and sure enough it was the very spot where the 506th spent that crisp December in '44. 


One more thing- over the last few weeks/ months I've really started to feel at home in London. The first, I don't know, year I felt like a tourist. I guess now that I've been decked by a football hooligan and purchased my first pink shirt I can finally call myself a local.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Cheerio and stuff. Thanks for leaving a comment- always appreciated (especially from bago). Do me one favor, refrain from using last names... don't want big brother tracking anybody down. Oh and try not to swear too much- my mom reads this shit.
Tim