Two weeks ago I got recruited to play in a football tournament with some of my work friends. Co-ed, 5-a-side sounds great- plus I love tackling girls. I told our skipper that I'd prefer defense and he said perfect, how about goalie. What just a damn minute- sure it's been a while since I've seen a game, but I'm pretty sure the only goals I've ever heard of played either hockey or soccer.
Perhaps we might have done a little bit better in the first game if somebody had told the goalie where to stand...

After a 5-1 loss, a pulled hamstring, and a broken thumb it was time to rethink our strategy and focus on the second game.

After we regrouped things began to flow a little bit better- I think we scored here!

Long story short- we lost a four games we played and didn't make it out of the group stage- our goalie was bloody awful! Although the last game showed signs of improvement- a 3-3 tie (the other team got the advantage in the end because they played with more girls- cheaters).
With the long day of football over, it was time to find out if Nottingham had any redeeming qualities (besides Maid Marian and a really mean sheriff of course). The short answer is no. But after a nice dinner and a few drinks all that exercise nonsense was forgotten and the team really started to play well together.
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.Good times, but I think I had it right when I left the game and retired from U-10 soccer in 1989...

No comments:
Post a Comment
Cheerio and stuff. Thanks for leaving a comment- always appreciated (especially from bago). Do me one favor, refrain from using last names... don't want big brother tracking anybody down. Oh and try not to swear too much- my mom reads this shit.
Tim