Sunday, November 13, 2005

"I went to Cambridge"


I think I'm going to start telling people that, and I'll probably put it on my resume. Because honestly, I feel smarter just having been there... I understand why people say they went to Cambridge with an air of confidence. It's quite a place.
So, I spent this afternoon in Cambridge- talk about a college town. 31 colleges in one small town. Every building is Saint so-and-so college, and King number something university. And a lot of the buildings reminded me of the UW campus. I wonder who copied who.

Life continues to be awesome. I've started to make some pretty good friends, and I've been able to get out and experience the night life. I met the most beautiful Swedish gal last week. She said that she like my last name- said it was a good Scandinavian name. I asked her if she wanted to have it. She didn't think that was funny.

Oh, I'm almost done with Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince- and I must say it's a good one. I'm really disappointed that I won't be in London next week when the new movie comes out- I'll have to wait to see my girl. Hermione's looking pretty good!

And speaking on young girls- I'm heading to Basel next weekend to meet up with Winner, and perhaps the Beef... should be interesting.

Observation #5

Sending mail from London is even harder than making calls from London. I just talked to my folks and they never got the post card I sent... Which means a lot of you probably didn't either. It's all this pounds sterling crap and red mailboxes with two different letter slots. Long story short, I sent out a ton of post cards the first few weeks I was here and I've only heard of one that made it. If you put your address in my book, you should assume I sent you a card and that I wrote some really funny stuff on it. One of you was supposed to get a card with four scandalously clad women on a red double-decker bus- a real shame to loose that one.

3 comments:

  1. Tim--Cambridge, eh? I thought you were a smart cookie, guess I was right. Also, so was I the person that got your postcard because I did get one of them. If not, make that two.

    Nice comment about offering the Swedish girl your last name. I liked it. You should use it more often (if able to).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Swedish girl line as well... How come you never used stuff like that when you were here state-side? BTW, we've received 2 post cards at the house, so I think you're having a better success rate then you think... FYI, you used my Everett address number but with our Seattle street name and what not. You should be more careful b/c maybe that's why cards aren't getting through... Hahahaha, kidding...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only assume those scantily clad women were meant to go to me. Speaking of addresses, I moved to Bellevue (I know, I know). I'll email the new address to you. Why did you have to discontinue this blog?

    -Luke

    ReplyDelete

Cheerio and stuff. Thanks for leaving a comment- always appreciated (especially from bago). Do me one favor, refrain from using last names... don't want big brother tracking anybody down. Oh and try not to swear too much- my mom reads this shit.

Tim