.

Tonight I went to my first football match! And it was amazing- a Wednesday night, pouring rain, and 35,000 of fellow Arsenal fans. You might be thinking it's a bit early to consider myself a "true fan." I'm not, but Arsenal is my local team, they play about 2 miles from where I live, so I decided to support them. And good thing too, because my housemates and everybody living near me does too.
So I got invited to the game by a friend of mine who knew about an extra ticket (Arsenal tickets sell out almost as fast as Red Sox tickets). Started out at a pub where I met some genuine Arsenal fans. One of whom was very happy to tell me all about the team and how they beat Tottenham 5-0 in 1978 on the day his son was born (Aresenal / Tottenham = Red Sox / Yankees x 10). Now the two of them have season tickets together. So Dad, when are you getting our season tickets?
(can you see how hard it's raining?)
The game was great- Arsenal v. Sparta Prague- Champions League match- with all the excitement and fan fare. Let me tell you the Brits really take their football serious. I've honestly never heard a crowd roar so loud when the home team scores. It was awesome! And the best of all- we won 3-0!
(Hey Tina and Alex- how do you like that?)
Sounds like an amazing time...I'm very jealous!
ReplyDelete-CC
Tim, you punk! Although the closest we've made it to experiencing Sparta Prague was riding on the subway with a million drunk fans jumping up and down so that the car was shaking and we thought we were going to die... it is cool that you have a winning Champion's League team nearby. Sparta Prague... not so good this year. The best thing about being in Prague is that when they hand out the free newspapers on the subway you can't even understand them enough to tell who won. Did the headline read Arsenal wins over Sparta Prague 3-0 or did it say something else??? At least I can look at the pictures...
ReplyDeleteTim we look forward to seeing you soon!