Monday, October 24, 2005

So, I'm kicking back on the train right now… making one of my weekly runs to the beautiful city of Birmingham. I've been making this trip about once a week since I started work. Basically I spent two hours to and from on a train, for meetings that last about 2 or 3 hours. Nice day. To be honest, I really don't mind. I get to chill out and look at the English countryside- which is indeed very beautiful. I don't have camera, so you'll have to take my word for it. There's endless rolling green fields separated by stone walls with the occasional old, mid-evilesque village complete with church steeple and spire… from time to time the ruin of an ancient monastery can be seen… Seriously, if they wanted to pay me to ride on the train all day- I'd be fine with that. Even the rain is fun to watch at 100mph.

Yesterday, I spent a nice afternoon kickin' it with the Queen down in Windsor- big castle, great fish and chips, and apparently "world famous" fudge. Anybody heard of it- Windsor Fudge? (Erica..?)



Well, I've had bronkidous (clearly misspelled, but sound it out and you'll know what I saying) for about three weeks now. Not sure why, Mom and Chris think I've been drinking too much and some of the London folk think it's cause I'm getting used to this polluted city. Both valid possibilities. I spend half an hour coughing up a lung each morning, but then I'm okay. And if you though I was bad about seeing doctors back home… boy, over here, there's no chance. I'm quite certain a broken pinkie finger stays broken for in England.

Observation #4
Remember in Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, staring Kevin "Kimball" Costner, when that guy complains that there's no sun in England… it's true. Right now, and most of the time, it's quite grey out, but bright. And there's no way I would be able to tell you where the sun is. And it rains a lot.

1 comment:

  1. Speaking of Kimball, Founders Night is tonight and Glew is getting the DX of the year award. I need funny sotries. Email me (Luke@601Luke.com) or call me so that I can introduce him with an embarrassing story.

    -Luke

    ReplyDelete

Cheerio and stuff. Thanks for leaving a comment- always appreciated (especially from bago). Do me one favor, refrain from using last names... don't want big brother tracking anybody down. Oh and try not to swear too much- my mom reads this shit.

Tim