Wednesday, March 14, 2007



Good things come to those who... stay out really late.

So last weekend I was walking through Dam Square in Amsterdam in the early AM hours of Saturday morning and who should I run into? Dave Matthews.

It was very random, just waking with back to the hotel and I looked over and said to Curt, "there's Dave Matthews". Dave was really cool, he talked to us for a few minutes, indulged me by listening to my drunken ramblings of a story, and even gave me a hug. It was awesome!

Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me, but I did take this picture the next morning- just use your imagination. The weekend was capped on Saturday night by one of the the greatest shows I have ever seen- Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds at the Paradiso. Truly an amazing show in an amazing venue. The Paradiso is an old church that has been converted into a nightclub. With just under 1,000 people at the show it had a really intimate feel. Dave was in rare form. It was really interesting to talk to some of the Dutch people at the show who were shocked that we would come all the way from London and Luxembourg to see this guy that they had never really heard of...

Man, Amsterdam- such a great place.