I had a really interesting experience the other night- speed dating. First time and, honestly, I had a blast. Some of the highlights, one girl was clearly so uncomfortable (nervous or disappointed) I thought she was going to start crying and my second 'date' excused herself to go to the bathroom in the middle of our 3-minutes. The biggest take-away, and I say this with all due respect, chicks are crazy! So disappointed were the gold-diggers when the found out I was just a well-trained monkey. At the end of the night you turn in your notes and write down whether or not you want to date anybody and if there's a match, then boo-yah- we're makin' babies! (figuratively that is) I ticked 'yes' to three of the 20-some-odd gals I met, so we'll see if there's hope for me yet.
Observation 7: Guess who's back!

London fashion is kind of a shit-show, anything goes. Okay, I'm a supporter of new trends. I bought in huge to the Hammer pants craze, I openly embrace the wearing of T-shirts to bars, and like to think of myself as an early adopter of the unkept look. I'm fine with most of what other folks are into over here as well. The new and improved mullet, cool. Chicks wearing really short shorts with nylon tights underneath, very cool. But there is one emerging trend I cannot support and feel compelled to warn you about- the comeback of the Mr. Rogers-style cardigan sweater! They're everywhere!
Seriously there's a whole bunch of dudes running around London looking like they stole my 5th grade wardrobe...
not to mention that I think David Beckham stole my 5th grade hair as well.I have also noticed girls are starting to wear fanny packs as a fashion statement; heading out for the night with jeans tucked into their boots and a fanny pack as a handbag. Really funny, even though it actually it kind of makes sense, it looks ridiculous.
Tim, I know where you can get some of those sweaters, just let me know.
ReplyDeleteYour personal shopper
That's a gorgeous sweater, Tim.
ReplyDeleteAwesome blog Tim!
ReplyDeleteYou made me laugh out loud again and again. I just love it.
ReplyDeleteHope to see/talk to you soon!!
Sarah
here is to ¨function¨ having a come back in fashion...you go fanny pack. and you go Tim Carlberg...hey, grow the hair out again, man :) you look hot. Becks ain´t got nothing on you and anyone who says he does, is speaking pure rubbish
ReplyDelete