
Catchin' some rays down in AFRICA (theme music)
Two weeks ago Kim, Greg, and I spent a few days in Marrakech and Essouaria, Morocco. Before we could really get comfortable, there were a couple of things that we needed to learn... for example:To not get hustled
I wouldn't say I was 'mugged' per say. But what did happen was I walked up to a snake charmer to take a picture,
and was immediately entangled in a cobra snake. "For good luck" the snake charmer said, "give just a little more, for good luck." Sure man, put a few spiders in my hair and I'll give you my whole wallet. 
Just to make sure I was satisfied with the value received from my 'donation' he offered to put a python around my sister's neck, "for free", he said. Take that Kim- pay back for the time you threw that boot at my head. 
Kim: "how much for the big blue plate?"
Shopkeep: "i give you good price, good price"
Kim: "how about 150 dirham?"
Shopkeep: "last price, what is your last price?"
Kim: "200"
Shopkeep: "okay, for good luck, it is a deal."
Greg: "So, 220 then?"

Where?




Just to make sure I was satisfied with the value received from my 'donation' he offered to put a python around my sister's neck, "for free", he said. Take that Kim- pay back for the time you threw that boot at my head. 
To master effective negotiations
Kim: "how much for the big blue plate?"Shopkeep: "i give you good price, good price"
Kim: "how about 150 dirham?"
Shopkeep: "last price, what is your last price?"
Kim: "200"
Shopkeep: "okay, for good luck, it is a deal."
Greg: "So, 220 then?"

To navigate and travel
Where?
What?

How?

To indulge in the local delicacies
Hmmm, snails and no beer, my favourite!

Sallamu 'lekum




Thanks for pointing out my superb negotiations skills. If it wasn't for me, we wouldn't have that plate.
ReplyDeleteI found your blog. It was easy since I can find almost anything when I am procastinating studying for finals.
ReplyDeleteAlso because you put it on MySpace.