Monday, July 03, 2006

The Bob and Marcia European Tour
Bavarian Invasion

Well the saga continues... after loosing touch for a week while mom and dad made their way though France, over the Swiss alps (and I mean over- they even made it- via gondola- to the summit of a 10,000 foot peak!) and into the beauty of Austria. Like clock work we met up in the tiny town of Reutte, Austria on Friday night.

After a nice dinner and a few drinks, we bunked down and in the morning we were off- mom and dad to explore Bavaria on their way to Italy and Chris, Monica and I off to explore the land of the Bier Garten is search of the Hofbrauhaus... Good luck to mom and dad- one more week of madness before the Roman finale!

So, I love Munich. I mean I really love Munich!

And the reason for do...

The Hofbrauhaus!

AKA- The happiest place on Earth!!!! (except in the 30s and early 40s)



And what do I love most about the Hofbrauhaus?

This guy!!!! I've probably been to the Hofbrauhaus 5 or 6 times on three trips and he's always been there! Three years ago he was Fung and I's waiter, and while he'll never know it, the truth is... I love him!

The football was amazing, didn't go to a game, but got to watch them is some really great places. This picture is in happier times... on Saturday before the games. After the game...
Man, I love Germany, but not as much as I love these guys-


A note about the World Cup in England-
It's been world cup madness overhere- a massive spectacle... I've been in the pubs watching the games every night and I have to say, over the past two weeks I completely got behind the England squad- I found myself much more attached and passionate about their matches than those boys from back home... and after the star spangled boy's less than inspiring performance I officially jumped ship and joined the home team- "Come on England." Unfortunately, I bought my jersey only in time to jinx the team. The English describe their team like New Englanders describe the Red Soxs- I feel their pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cheerio and stuff. Thanks for leaving a comment- always appreciated (especially from bago). Do me one favor, refrain from using last names... don't want big brother tracking anybody down. Oh and try not to swear too much- my mom reads this shit.

Tim