Oh man, Greece, wow what an escape. After 8 days in Athens and the islands- the sun, the food, the views- coming back to reality was really, really hard. Started the Greek tour +1 Fung on a Sunday night in Athens. Monday was a busy day seeing the acropolis and the ancient agora.

By Monday night we'd seen everything in the city we needed and we thought 'Okay, next?' So, Tuesday morning we hoped a bus to Cape Sounio to see the Temple of Poseidon- remember Greek mythology where the Greeks launched 1000 ships bound for Troy... If I'd been them I'm not sure I'd have wanted to leave... Cape Sounio is a pretty nice spot- even nicer at sunset.
Well the biggest news on Tuesday to be honest was my big purchase... a funky green euro-tanktop that I'm happy to report I wore at least part of each of the following 6 days in Greece before it was sacrficially burned as an offering to the Greek gods.
Wednesday morning we we're off to the islands, on a 7am ferry for Santorini-
and 9 hours later we were in paradise! Santorini is claimed by the locals to be the lost city of Atlantis... I'd believe it. The island is basically all the remains of a once massive volcano island which exploded some 2000 years ago- the crater rim is all that's left, just a creasent moon shaped ridge jetting out of the sea.
And the best way to see the island- on mopeds and 4-wheelers! So I got Fung and our new friends Judd and Mellissa on board with the idea of starting a moto-gang. It was awesome, a whole day of being bad to the bone- click here to see more.



After a day of some serious hell raisin' the gang settled in to watch one last sunset before a painful 7am flight to Rhodes...


While getting to Rhodes from Santorini is somewhat of a blur in my memory (perhaps memorable for others), the island leaves a vivid picture in my memory.
The first day in Rhodes was spent 'recovering' on the beach. In order to properly tour the island we rented a jeep and set out on a hiking/beach hopping tour.
First hike...
Then beach...
Then Donkey... click here
Then beach...

Then ferry boat to Turkey... on kind of a whim we decided to take a day trip from Rhodes to Turkey. It was really cool. I've decided that if my bar game as a good as a Turkish carpet salesman's I wouldn't have any trouble getting English chicks to call me back... seriously, even though I don't have a house to put it in, this one Turkish dude had me ready to buy a $1000 rug just to get out of the store... but I settled for some fake Prada shoes instead for $20.
While the city of Marmaris wasn't anything too amazing the coastline leading into the port was...


The last evening in Rhodes I climbed up to the top of the acropolis outside Rodos and was spent a few hours wandering through the city's ancient ruins before catching one last spectacular sunset.
Man, it's a good life!
wow! Unbelievable!
ReplyDeleteTim - I haven't laughed that hard in a while! :) I miss you and am so glad you're having such a great time.
ReplyDeleteLove you,
Sarah