
Now I don't speak a lot of French, but I'm starting to think 'En Raison D'un Mouvement Social Le Musee Est Ferme Toute La Journee' means 'Welcome to France' because each time I've been in Paris I've seen it everywhere. Honestly, the world is full of stereotypes- many of which aren't true, but the French being lazy- that's spot on! Seriously, three years ago I tried to go to the Museum Orsay and a 'mouvement social' stood between me and Monet then as it did now.

Why I love the French; a true story- On Monday shortly after arriving in Paris I really had to you know, go. So, I walked into a public bathroom. The first thing I notice inside was that there was a sign that said something something 'Free' but there was also a little table where people were leaving money so I thought, 'sure, I'd leave a little something something on the way out.' Walking towards one of the stalls apparently set off the attendant and she started shouting at me in French. I knew I was in trouble, but I really had to go, so I kept walking towards the open stall. Just before I was able to shut the stall door, she burst into the stall with a gust of furry, continuing to yell at me in French, she proceeded to smack me across the back of the head. Absolutely astonished I attempted to respond in French by clearing my throat as loud as I could while mumbling- she didn't understand. Needless to say, I didn't leave a tip.

Well since the city was on strike, we decided organizeise a little 'sit-in' of our own- a little wine and cheese 'mouvement social'. Now, I'm not sure if the open container is entirely on the up and up in Paris, but since all of the policia were either bagging rioters (or playing pinochle), I figured it was safe.

All in all, a good trip. Paris would have been great, if it wasn't for all the French people.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Cheerio and stuff. Thanks for leaving a comment- always appreciated (especially from bago). Do me one favor, refrain from using last names... don't want big brother tracking anybody down. Oh and try not to swear too much- my mom reads this shit.
Tim