Sunday, February 12, 2006

London Boroughs:

Well, I've been in London the last few weekends and doing a little bit of exploring. I'm beginning to realise how big and diverse London is... for example.

Notting Hill- home of the Hugh Grant / Julia Roberts love-affair and a market selling antiques, produce, and all types of books...



On the opposite side of the spectrum, but the same side of the river, Camden- home of the London punk scene (apparently not just an 80s thing) and a massive market where you can buy anything imaginable that's made of leather and get tattoos and all sorts of piercing...


So, the dudes in the last picture- The one's holding a sign that says "Pictures £1." It seems that they stand on the bridge over Camden Lock and 'let' people pose in pictures with them. One of the guys was not exactly happy that I took a picture of the bridge without paying his toll...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tim!

    I am a friend of Kristina and Alex's (I went to PLU and I am pretty sure we have lots of friends in common) and I linked to you from their blog. Just wanted to say hi and let you know that I am enjoying reading about your adventures. My husband Aaron and I lived in Liverpool for a year while he was getting his masters so I get where you are coming from.

    By the way, you are starting to spell like a brit, with the hatred of the 'z' and all. Trust me, when you get back you wont be able to remember which way is the 'right' way.

    Keep up the good blogging!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Cheerio and stuff. Thanks for leaving a comment- always appreciated (especially from bago). Do me one favor, refrain from using last names... don't want big brother tracking anybody down. Oh and try not to swear too much- my mom reads this shit.

Tim