"I've got a nice little Saturday planned..."
"You're going tomorrow on a Saturday, are you crazy," says the girl who sits next to me a work. "Oh, it can't be that bad, I'll be fine." "If you go in the afternoon on a weekend, you're likely to see grown men fighting over the last dueve cover!"
It took nearly an hour and a half to reach, and about 30 seconds to remember why it's been three years since I last visited an Ikea. But desperate times call for desperate measures. Coldplay wasn't going to cut it, the iPod had to change, I'd need Metallica to get through this. So that's what I did, turned up the music and went in to battle. I had a plan, I knew what I wanted to get and I'd looked at everything online... "I can be out of here in 15 minutes," I thought. No dice. It's amazing how nice things can look in a picture online, and then how terrible they look in person. So, after 2 hours in the "anti-Disneyland" (25 minutes of which were spent waiting to check out), I emerged with only a bed pad and a lamp shaped like a jelly bean- they were all out of dueve covers and the wardrobe I was going buy, well, I decide to make a nicer one out of popsicle sticks. Next Saturday I'll just ask a mugger to kick me in the balls and take 25 pounds from my wallet and save myself 4 hours.
I had kind of a late night on Saturday "recovering" from my trip to Ikea. I found a bar in the city that shows NCAA football games and then turns into a dance club. Perfect. So I spent a lazy Sunday afternoon in Greenwich- famous for it's village, mean time, and prime meridian. By far the coolest place in London I've found so far.
Observation #3
USC fans living in London are as annoying as USC fans living anywhere else.
Sunday, October 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Uh, Tim, get it right -- it's spelled D U V E T and not dueve.
ReplyDeleteSigned - your gay friends -- didn't we teach him anything!
pb
Tim - you made me laugh out loud in the middle of my work day!
ReplyDeleteThank you!! :)
Sarah
tim, thanks for making me laugh! that was awesome and sounded similar to a situation we had last week - luckily i was unemployed so we could go on a tues. but still. . . . planning a trip for January - what do you think?
ReplyDeleteTina